South Australia Police
Search Go
Internet - internet_text_only
Site Map Site Help
FAQ A-Z Directory
Signature Service

Justice of the Peace

In South Australia, a Justice of the Peace (JP) is an authorised witness who can take or attest (witness) documents such as statutory declarations.

You can find a JP by suburb by visiting the Justice web site or you can call the Justice of the Peace Services on (08) 8207 1725.

Proclaimed Police Officer

Proclaimed Police Officers, who can be found at most South Australian police stations, are also authorised to witness documents.

It is advisable to call the police station before attending to ensure there is a Proclaimed Police Officer available when you attend.

Return To Top


Think First logo

Government of SA SA Government Services